Wednesday, February 28, 2007

HRO? TFSO? WTF?

I'm not political, but this is funnyOkay, so here's today's insight into how the government works. For all of our human resource needs, we always contacted the Human Resources Office, or HRO. Today we were notified that HRO was changing it's name as a department- to (are you ready?):

The Total Force Strategy Office. TFSO.

Call me crazy, but isn't that a much worse and less descriptive name? Isn't that department just called Human Resources everywhere? When you think of tasks like recruiting, benefits, what-have-you, do you think "That sounds like a job for the Total Force Strategy Office?" It doesn't really work the other way either. If you hear "Navy Total Force Strategy" do you think "I bet they handle retirement and health care for the civilian employees?" No you don't.

This falls into the category of "not really a big deal, but why?" Was there a problem with the name HRO? I don't get it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, February 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't this fall into the catagory of government work where someone comes in and makes changes promising a brighter tomorrow, but really they didn't do anything and in most cases probably made it worse, but, "boy that was some power point presentation..." ?

-jamie

 
At 5:38 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

The only reason is that we have the Total Force Strategy and the Human Capital Strategy in effect right now and that is the office that supplies the people for that. I'll tell you what it is, it's lame!

I don't like being considered Human Capital. It makes me feel like an animal with one of those little ear tags so they can track where I'm going. My number would be 38038. That was my Purdue number, why do I remember that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home