Friday, February 02, 2007

221815170*

Tainting the game
You can call me the Barry Bonds of Winterbells. Last night I tried to play a round on my old desktop, and 600MHz just isn't enough to run a demanding hopping bunny game. It ran at about half speed, so it was like I couldn't lose! The game kept going, and going, and going, to the point where I was pretty tired of playing. But the score just kept going higher, so what am I going to do, throw the game after I've already sunk 20 minutes into it? I kept thinking "Well, I'll play until I pass the million mark. Well okay, ten million. Since I've gone this far, I might as well break 100 million." Eventually my eyes got a little fuzzy and repetitive motion disorder set in and I misjudged a jump, and that cute little bunny fell for like 30 seconds.

I figure slowing down the game is as bad as the player being juiced, so this was a tainted victory, and will not be recognized as an official score. I guess I could go the Sosa route, and say that I was showing off for the fans, but I guess I need to stick to more capable computers for my Orisinal action. But I don't want to talk about the past.

In other news, I think my Subway cookie Karma is paying off. The Drill Hall has been absolutely mobbed this week, so there's been no where to park (which is especially bad when it's cold out). But everyday this week, right as I'm approaching the entrance, a car right by the door backs out and I'm rewarded with a rock star spot. That Carson Daly is on to something.

Happy Groundhog Day!
Don't drive angry!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You win at winterbells, but you lose at life.

-jamie

 
At 5:10 PM, February 02, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

WTF Jamie? He's winning at life...and Winterbells, that S.O.B. I'm so jealous of your score...my highest now is 5k. I just don't move fast enough!

 
At 8:16 AM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its an internet thing kate. When I would play World of Warcraft a lot, you could recognize people that literally spent 16 hours a day playing the game. The qoute is,"you win at wow, but you lose at life." This qoute means, becoming so good at a video game takes a lot of time. At the end of the day though the only thing you have to show for it is a high score, instead of things like a family, investments, and legit contributions to society its self.

Its just a joke, kate. I know marc doesn't play video games all day. Hell, I did play video games all day, but that was my escape from a world of pain-craft because someone didn't feel like actually doing their job, or had an identity crisis...

-jamie

 
At 4:48 PM, February 04, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

Don't worry Jamie, I got it. And it's apt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home