Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More Ado About Umbrellas

So I had a mini-rant about umbrellas yesterday, which prompted Carly to leave this comment:

Okay, so here is my umbrella anxiety… You get out of the car and are carrying your umbrella because it isn’t raining, but feels like it is going to start any second. Then, as you are walking, it starts the faintest of light drizzle, and you think, I would look like an idiot if I use my umbrella for this, so you continue walking, carrying the unopened umbrella. Then there is an ever so slight steady increase in the rain, and you are thinking, “Should I open my umbrella now? If I had gotten out of my car and this was the rain level, I most likely would have opened my umbrella, but this is not so heavy as to clearly need a shield, and I was walking in rain almost as heavy as this without the need of coverage….” It’s the umbrella threshold. It gets blurred… Or maybe it’s just me.

I'm posting it here only because I do the exact same thing. Seriously- I follow the same thought process and everything. So it's not just you! This is very similar to my standard umbrella issue, which is that I carry it, but just plain never use it. In college, I would leave the house with it, but it would be totally in the gray area for rain. It never rained hard enough to validate the trouble of using the umbrella, and yet when I got to class I would be wet enough that I wished I had opened it up. I never learned- the next time I would do the exact same thing, knowing full well that I was going to regret it later.

In other news, you have to try this little internet game. My high score is 236,660.

Update: 637,900. Boo-yah!

5 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am impressed that you posted a little bunny/bell game on your blog page, very manly. I am further impressed with your high score, as I played several games and topped out at 21,180, so I bow down to you bunny bell hopping skills.

 
At 1:13 AM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

Ok, I'm clearly an idiot. After 10 attempts, my high score was 210. That's right folks, 210. It was so cute though!!

I have the umbrella issue as well and its been raining here a lot. Too bad my umbrella is in Marc's garage in my precious car...

 
At 8:51 AM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Marc said...

Sure, I'd prefer a more manly theme like a Transformer bouncing off missles or something, but that game's appeal is undeniable. However, I do like that when you're really whipping from side to side it looks like the killer rabbit from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

But more importantly, are you guys playing with the touch pad? It's way easier with a mouse.

 
At 5:01 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

No sadly, my handicap is my own brain.

 
At 7:04 PM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am playing with a touch pad!!! I no longer have a mouse. Nor do I ever use my computer anywhere but on my lap in bed or on my lab on the couch, which might further add to my handicap. However, like Kate, at least part of my handicap is my own brain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home