Monday, January 22, 2007

SUPERBOWL!

Saturday is great on Sunday
I don't even know what to say. I would never say that I gave up on this season, it just all felt little too familiar. The Colts were winning games, but they looked way too shaky at times. They lost to the Titans and the Texans. I won't even get in to the run defense. And then, when the playoffs started it was like someone flipped a switch and the intensity was back.

All things considered, that was one of the best football games I've ever seen. When we were down 21-3 late in the first half, I was beside myself, thinking "It's like they don't want to win." The stinking Patriots. They're like Colts kryptonite. Plus, Reche "Headlights" Caldwell's eyes were freaking me out a little bit. But, I knew that coach Dungy makes great halftime adjustments, so I stuck it out.

The second half was amazing! I was on the edge of my seat. It was great to see the Colts not panic, and slowly chip away at the deficit. I won't do a play-by-play, but I will say that I love Dallas Clark. Also, I had a mini-heart attack when Reggie Wayne bobbled that pass in the 4th quarter.

In short, I am beside myself with joy that the Colts are in the big game. I might almost consider going to the game if tickets weren't $3000.

I'm happy that Peyton Manning finally made it, but I love Tony Dungy. I've read several interviews with him, and I think he's a generally good guy and although he is often criticized for his calm demeanor, I like that about him. I could never stand the whole "motivation by humiliation," screaming, scary coach thing. Now, I do appreciate the fact that we're going to have not one, but two black coaches in the superbowl. Get ready to hear about that constantly for the next two weeks. But I'm more excited that you have two coaches in the superbowl that are decent human beings, who understand that this is a game, being played by professional adults, not life and death. Here's a good column to that effect. That said, I really really really want to win.

So now I need to decide what to do for the game itself. I assumed that I would just watch it here with friends, but then Jim prompted that this could be a once in a lifetime thing, and maybe I should try to make it more special. I thought about going to the game itself, because how cool would it be to actually go to a Superbowl? Of course, since crappy tickets will set you back about 3000 junior bacon cheeseburgers, I wrote that off pretty quickly. So now I'm toying with the idea of going to Indy for the weekend. I figure Carly and I could find a good place with some other fans to watch the game, and it would be a lot cheaper. Of course, either way I'm going to wear my Harrison jersey, because I can't switch while they're winning. I know that what I'm wearing has no effect on a football game a thousand miles away, but still.

And if Reggie Miller is wrong, I don't want to know what right is. Go Colts!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home