Sunday, December 24, 2006

Life Soundtrack

I was tagged for this by Kate a while ago, and I'm finally getting around to it. Hopefully my random music selections will seem cool and indie, as opposed to lame and teenybopper-y. Here goes!

So, here’s how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool… (hey, that’s what the directions said, not me!)


Marc Burgess, this is your life!Opening Credits: Behind Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson (off to a bad start)
Waking Up: Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
First Day At School: You're Pretty When I'm Drunk - Bloodhound Gang
Falling In Love: Callin' Baton Rouge - Garth Brooks
Fight Song: Out of Jail - They Might Be Giants
Breaking Up: Do You Dream of Me? - Michael W. Smith
Prom: Right Through You - Alanis Morisette
Life: Good Old Fashioned Loverboy - Queen
Mental Breakdown: Beds are Burning - Midnight Oil
Driving: Killer - Adamski feat. Seal
Flashback: Come with Me - Puff Daddy w/ Jimmy Page
Getting Back Together: Seperate Ways - Journey
Wedding: Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
Birth of Child: Points of Authority - Linkin Park
Final Battle: I want to Spend my Lifetime Loving You - Marc Anthony w/ Tina Arena
Death Scene: Salisbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Funeral Song: High on You - Survivor
End Credits: Breathe - The Prodigy
Kate Extras-
Summer 2006: All Through the Night - Cyndi Lauper
My Friends: Roll to Me - Del Amitri
Dating: Time After Time - Matchbox 20

Now, I have to admit that I totally cheated. After the first They Might Be Giants song my computer went on a TMBG bender and gave me like 10 of their songs in a row. I didn't want this to be a one-artist exclusive, so I hit next a few more times. Sue me!

In any case that was really fun. Some of the songs are apropo, and some sure aren't, but it was fun to listen to a random smattering of the music I've (100% legally) accumulated over the last decade. I don't know who to tag, but I think everyone should give this a shot.

Merry Christmas Eve!

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, December 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The breaking up one breaks my little heart.

 
At 7:47 PM, April 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opening Credits: Less than Jake - Lock Down
Waking Up: Skankin' Pickles - Turning Japanese
First Day At School: Bum Rukus - Wuts Your Sign
Falling In Love: Big D and the Kids Table - 51 Gardner
Fight Song: OK Go - Get Over it
Breaking Up: Matchbook Romance - Greatest Fall
Prom: Beastie Boys - Check it Out
Life: The Beets - Banging on a trash can
Mental Breakdown: Bad Religion - A street kid named desire
Driving: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Flashback: Streetlife Manifesto - A moment of Silence
Getting Back Together: Foo Fighters - Kung Foo Fighting
Wedding: Strong Bad - It's like it was meant to be
Birth of Child: No Knife - Flechette
Final Battle: Alice Cooper - Bad Place Alone
Death Scene: Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy
Funeral Song: Skapone - Good TV [Live]
End Credits: Good Charlotte - Anthem
Summer 2007: New Found Glory - It's been a summer
Summer 2008: Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
My Friends: LEss than Jake - Bigger Picture
Dating: New Found Glory - Hit or miss


modified the end a bit, and lol'd at some of the songs

 
At 7:49 PM, April 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s sorry to hear bout the knee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home