Friday, December 08, 2006

Arts & Crafts

Why is Guns and Roses' song November Rain always better in my head than it is in real life? It came on the XM the other night, and just like always, I got all excited, remembering it as an epic rock anthem. Then when I hear it, it's a little bit of a letdown. I think I'm always expecting a bigger buildup to the overture before Slash's face-melting guitar solo. Does this happen with other songs? The only one I can come up with right now is En Vouge's Free Your Mind, where I always wished they would spool back up from the breakdown a little slower. Actually scratch that- the song's great as it is.

I call it Snowflake #12811685In honor of Friday, I present to you one of the best holiday web apps ever: Make-a-Flake! It lets you virtually chop up your own kindergarten Christmas art project. I've spent a little too much time with it this morning, but at least I made this masterpiece. You can finally cut the really elaborate snowflakes that always fell apart in real life.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks for agreeing with me on the booth-thing... aaahhh, the things we do for love. :)

I was mostly intrigued because I clicked on your profile and say that you're from Lexington Park, MD. I don't travel outside California much, but believe it or not, earlier this year I spent some time in Lexington Park, visiting one of Mark's best friend from childhood. So random!

I was glad to learn that the Lexington Park that shows up on my statcounter was you instead -- it makes me nervous when people I actually know read my blog. :)

Merry Christmas!

 
At 5:53 PM, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snowflakes, from the man that tells me he doesn't have time to watch,"Its All Gone Wrong Pete Tong." Let me know when you come out next because I saw something that may have changed my mind about buying you a present.

Sigh,
jamie

 
At 5:57 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

I agree my good sir. November Rain is always epic in my head and downright disappointing when I really hear it. I choose to believe I "jazz it up" a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home