Sunday, December 10, 2006

We are Impressed

There are so few benefits to living down here in BFE Maryland, but one of them is the base theatre. If you know me, then you've heard me complain about the one crappy movie theatre in town, because it really does suck. Fortunately, the base has a nice little single screen theatre that shows movies a few weeks after they hit the regular places. It used to only be $3, then it went to $4, and pretty soon it's going up to $4.50, but we wont talk about that now. The cool hidden benefit is that because it's a military base, sometimes we get free sneak previews. So last night Kate and I went to see We are Marshall, a full 13 days before it's actually released.

Before I make a final verdict on a movie I like to see it twice and reflect a little while, but after one viewing I really liked it. I understand that unlike Hoosiers (good movie) or Glory Road (bad movie) it is actually pretty close to the way everything happened in real life. Knowing that it all really happened gave it an extra punch- I was actually close to tears a few times, and not just because I'm becoming a big baby in my old age. It's not what I expected from the guy that brought us Charlie's Angels and Cypress Hill: Still Smokin'.

In any case, it's not often that I get to bring you insider Hollywood information, so I'm recommending that everyone see this movie. By the way Matthews McConaughey and Fox were both really good in it, which helps me get over the loss of Party of Five.

The other reason I'm blogging this morning is to let everyone know that I'm leaving for England tonight. I'm being sent back to Wolverhampton for some more JSF stuff, so I might be incommunicado for a few days, but I should be home Thursday night. I've said it before and I'll say it again: It sounds like it's fun, but it's not. Wolverhampton is the Gary Indiana of the UK, and the 5 day forecast is Showers/49, Rain/51, Drizzle/49, Cloudy/51, and finally Showers/52. If all goes well I'll be able to get e-mail, but you never really know what's going to work ahead of time. Once I get back to the Homeland, I pretty much repack and head home for the holidays. Whee!

FYI: The Party of Five thing was a Family Guy reference- I never watched that. Just Sayin'.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

What the hell's Party of Five? (typed through tears of laughter)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home