Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Knee TBD

Most importantly: If you can't roll your pant legs up, they give you a pair of delightful unisex disposable shorts.

So I had some X-rays that showed...absolutely nothing. So the doctor spent a while torqueing everything around checking for pain, and I was almost disappointed that nothing hurt. To complete the process I go in for an MRI tomorrow at 10:30 pm. It's a little annoying to walk away without a positive diagnosis, but at least we know a whole punch of things it's not- for example, it's probably not a torn meniscus or ligament stuff, because that should hurt. It's not confirmed, but it's most likely a small stress fracture in the bone. It's not a good thing to have, but it is something that will heal on it's own, unlike the other possibilities. I'll let you know when I hear something else, but I'm going to put a check in the positive column.

4 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, December 20, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

I hope you're doing well!

 
At 8:59 AM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No news is good news? (: Let us know if the MRI revealed anything.

Mom

 
At 9:12 AM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your MRI says nothing I might give you a guest pass to my world.
If if does show nothing look around on the internet for people who have had knee problems and see who they recommend. Just like every other field there are people that know and keep up on what they are doing and people that just show up for a paycheck.

good luck
-jamie

PS. Do not go for who anyone another doctor recommends.

 
At 3:30 PM, December 21, 2006, Blogger Marc said...

I don't know anything official yet- the orthopedist has to look at the MRI and he'll probably get back to me tomorrow.

However, since dad knew the guy on night MRI detail he took a quick look, and it's not a stress fracture. There is a little blip that is most likely a lateral meniscus tear, but no one knows for sure yet. A meniscus tear isn't good, but if you have to have one, this isn't too bad I guess. We'll call it neutral news. :-|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home