Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Meme

Tagged by lil' Katey...

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped. First class all the way!
Colored lights on tree/house or white? I think either one on the house is fine, but for me personally, I prefer white. The tree can go either way but I usually have color.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing. And lots of it.
Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I'm not sure anything has ever rivaled the pure, unadulterated joy of receiving the Nintendo Entertainment System (with power pad). We didn't leave the house for days.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I never heard of this until well after childhood, and I feel cheated. I think it's brilliant.
How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? For years we had mostly generic glass balls with a smattering of personality ornaments. This year: bare. But it was a little fiber optic tree, so it's all good.
Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like it for about a month on either side of Christmas. Unfortunately there's never any snow in Maryland.
Sort of like thisWhat is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My family makes these cookies we call "sprits." I don't know if that's the real name, but you shoot them out of a little press and eat them by the handful.
What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy *sniff.* Favorite arrangement would be Mannheim Steamroller's Carol of the Bells, and for a contemporary song I like Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is You. Shut up.
Candy Canes -Yuck or Yum? Yum. I think they should sell candy canes year 'round. Also jelly beans.
Favorite Christmas Tradition growing up: Christmas Casserole! In my old age I've also grown to appreciate a good midnight, candlelight Christmas Eve service.
Least Favorite Christmas Tradition Growing Up: I used to hate the church services. Also getting socks.
Breakfast or Presents First? Is that a joke? We never would have made it through breakfast is there were presents to be had.

I have no one to tag. Who hasn't done this yet?

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

You and that drummer boy. I'll never forget you getting choked up in McDonalds while you were just talking about it!!

Hope you're having a blast at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home