Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NASCAR? Sign Me Up!

This is not about the wedding- I'll get around to that when I have time. No, this is just a letter that Amazon sent me with some recommendations, based on other items that I have purchased. They are:
Ugh.
ESPN Ultimate Nascar: The 100 Defining Moments in Stock Car Racing History

Unforgettable? Try me.Speed, Guts, and Glory: 100 Unforgettable Moments in NASCAR History

Still no.The Devil Wears Prada (Widescreen Edition)

If you know me, you probably know that I think NASCAR is one of the worst things to happen in the history of sports, if not mankind. Why would I need not one, but two books chronicling their 100 greatest moments? I think I purchased the ESPN 25th anniversary book from Amazon, but other than that, what makes them think I like NASCAR this much?

Furthermore, where did The Devil Wears Prada come from? What have I ever purchased that would indicate an interest in that? Shouldn't the combo of Meryl Streep and NASCAR alone have set off some sort of alarm, like with your credit card if you buy a walker in Sarasota and a snowboard in Denver in the same week?

Well done, Amazon. You truly know me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, March 13, 2007, Blogger ~A said...

Your post reminded me of the beginning of a book I read a long time ago and I can't remember the stupid title. Anyway, it started with this guy who was in France and he bought some toiletries from a small store and when he left, the cashier had put a pamphlet in his bag. It had a snail sitting on the toilet with its little antennas drooped over, and the pamphlet was talking about constipation. How buying some toothpaste and a pack of gum equated to "I'm constipated" was the question of the day. It was hilarious.

Who knows? Maybe Amazon thought you needed to get in touch with your feminine side.

 
At 7:37 PM, March 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually saw The Devil Wears Prada. I liked it. Sure it would have been like 100* better if it had explosions, sex, and violence; but really, take all that away and you are really just left with a hero that wants to do well in the fashion industry. I give it 3.5 stars.

As for nascar. No one really likes nascar. People watch it for horrible wrecks. Then people attend it for the parties, the hot chicks everywhere, and of course the beer. I have to say nascar is the best thing to watch on TV the next morning after a long night of partying. If you fall asleep, well it doesnt matter because your vision probably was straight enough to figure out who was in first place anyway.

At least amazon didn't suggest a subscription to magazine called something like, Tampon Monthly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home