Saturday, February 23, 2008

Redneck Pictures

Here's a post that I meant to do quite a while ago. My mom sent me one of those "you might be a redneck if" e-mails, littered with pictures that could all have been taken here in St. Mary's county. In any case, I uploaded the pictures and promptly forgot about it. Then, the same e-mail made the rounds at work, and I was like "Oh yeah." I now present to you what I feel were the three funniest pictures: The fudge stripe wheels are a nice touchOkay. Okay. That is just too funny- a graham cracker gingerbread house of a trailer- and look at the selection of cars! A monster truck, an old muscle car and a firebird on blocks in the front lawn! Not only that, but it looks like one window is covered with a tarp. The attention to detail is astounding. I swear, this could have been based on any of approximately 5 to 6 houses that I used to pass on my way to work when I lived off of Great Mills road. Next!

For the record, I have seen this shirt at TargetThe guy is wearing a shirt that says "If I throw a stick will you leave?" in his engagement picture. In the paper. That's even better than my previous favorite from the Elkhart Truth that I mentioned before. And I saved the best for last- I won't even add any of my own commentary.

No really. This just speaks for itself.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, February 23, 2008, Blogger Kate said...

That is awesome! I have noticed that I am much less interested in how I look then I ever have been because this whole area is crap. Dressing up is just "not wearing jeans".

Rednecks are fun. And most people think that we're rednecks because we're from the good ol' Midwest. They have no idea!

 
At 6:03 PM, April 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found myself wondering the other day if in the future there will be 2000 dress parties like the 60's, 70's etc. What will people wear? Frayed cuff, pants down around their knees with their underwear hanging out beltless, prison style? Flip-flops and untied athletic shoes regardless of season? Piercings and tatoos? Flab hanging over low waistbands "Y generation" style? This is a decade of horrible fashion sense!
We stopped at a Bass Pro Shop in Macon, Georgia yesterday on our way back from a week in FL (brother-in-law name is Bass)and we were amazed to see prom gowns & tuxes (with ball caps) parading around the merchandise. Whatsup with that?!
Horrors! I have become a old person who has not a clue/appreciation for what is happening today! }:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home