Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Asterisk Era

Bonds. Barry Bonds.I dislike the Jacksonville Jaguars, for no particular reason. I also dislike the New England Patriots, but that's because of the totally unsportsmanlike way they crushed and ran the score up and crappy teams this year. I won't even get into the fact that Tom Brady broke Peyton Manning's touchdown record by throwing on fourth down when they were up by 30 points in the fourth quarter. Anyway, in anticipation of the Jags-Pats playoff game this weekend, check out the power rankings from the Jaguars official website:Pure gold.Great huh? And if you don't get it, just google "patriots cheat" or something to get caught up. I realize this is only going to irritate the Pats more (Remember Anthony Smith?) but I like where they're going with it. I also like that they rated themselves fifth, because the first step is being honest with yourself.

So in my dreams, this is how the weekend plays out: First, the Colts beat San Diego, gaining momentum for next week. Actually, that's second, on Sunday. First, on Saturday, the Jaguars beat the Patriots in Foxboro, but it's a pyrrhic victory in which they lose 5 or 6 starters (just for one game- no permanent damage). Then the Colts beat the Chargers. It's a pipe dream, I know. But give me the Jags in Indy over the Pats in New England any day!

In other news,
1. I spend way too much time playing Guitar Hero. This could be a post in itself.
2. The Oregon Trail application on Facebook is lame. Not only does it fail to capture the fun of the original, the entire thing is geared around sending annoying invites to friends more than actually playing the game. Of course, maybe the original always just seemed more fun because it was elementary school, and you got to go down to the computer lab for an hour instead of listen to a regular old lesson.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, January 10, 2008, Blogger Kate said...

I actually really like Garrard (or however you spell it, I don't feeling like looking that up) "Hmmmm he seems like a nice guy" to me and he talks about the loss of his mom, his Crohn's disease...we're in his head.

That's all.

 
At 11:39 AM, January 12, 2008, Blogger kismetsCIRCUS said...

I thought it was just me. I kept playing thinking it's going to get better, right? I wanted to see the carnage that it keeps referring to. How many times can one person get Typhoid Fever? We're out on the trail shouldn't she just die? So my Oregon Trail has run cold. I'm an awesome shot though.

 
At 11:46 AM, January 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Marc, but after the Colts I still like the Pats because of UM alum Brady. BTW did you hear Tiller is probably going to step down after '08?

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home