Friday, December 21, 2007

Chose Your Candidate!

A friend sent me a link to this website: The Presidential Candidate Match Game. It asks you questions about key issues, lets you weigh their relative importance, then spits out the top three candidates that it thinks you should vote for. I think the ability to weigh the questions is key, because when it asks how the federal government should get more people covered by health insurance, I have absolutely no idea.

I am a self-proclaimed politically-ignorant middle of the roader. I think blindly aligning yourself with any party is a poor way to vote. That said, the three minutes I spent with this web app has effectively doubled the amount of time I've spent thinking about the 2008 election. I know, I know, I'm a bad American. Evidently I should be fiercely supporting a candidate by now.

The best part about this link so far is that Ramya took the quiz, and said "I thought I was actually pretty neutral... apparently I'm a full on democrat, through and through." I thought she was joking. If you know her, it's pretty clear that she's a full on democrat. Anyway, try the link.

And this is totally unrelated, but check out this article Jim sent me about Copyright Infringement. I'm with the author- something needs to be done, but the current copy protection technology isn't it. I hate, hate that legally purchased have one-tenth the utility of illegal ones. Until they make the versions you buy better than (instead of way worse) the free version, humanity at larger isn't going to pay for music.

4 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, December 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't sympathize with record executives until my salary is at least 10% of theirs. Download away!

-Ramya

PS... GO EDWARDS!

 
At 5:42 PM, December 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PPS.. that "download away" wasn't in any way legal advice...

 
At 6:14 PM, December 21, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

I think it is spelled chOOse.

And no, those aren't boobs.

 
At 4:41 PM, December 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My results came up: John McCain, Duncan Hunter (?) and Giuliani. Do not think the test was very valid as questions did not really have answers I would have given. ie fence? Build a WALL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home