Saturday, April 07, 2007

Spring Break 2007

The amazing thing is that 2 weeks ago, it was beautiful outside. I was out reading in the hammock and such. And this picture was taken this morning: It looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree What is this, Indiana? And it's not like that poor tree doesn't have enough problems with the dang japanese beetles as it is. So do you know what I did this morning? Well, after the 4 or 5 consecutive power outages made my various appliances beep and wake me up (which isn't too bad- it was like 8:00), I went outside to shake the snow off of my poor trees before they broke. I don't even know if that's something you're supposed to do, but there I was. After one good shake (of a big tree) I learned that it was better to use the broom to shake them from far away, because that way the snow doesn't dump right on you and go down your collar. Don't worry folks- I build fighter jets for a living.

For some bonus minutia, here's something I found when I was going through my mail this morning:I better hurry. Good thing they're open on Saturdays!A warranty expiration in itself is not that odd. What I found curious was that usually they say "Dear Mr. BURGESS the warranty on your 2004 HONDA ACCORD, VIN #XXXXX is about to expire." But on this particular mailing, they want me to tell them my VIN- if they don't already know that, how do they know anything about my car and/or it's warranty? That's when I flipped it over to find the true gem: It was addressed to "Marc Burgess or Current Resident."

Mostly, this makes me sad. This means that this company has learned that they can indiscriminately send out warranty expiration notices, and there are enough paranoid/dumb people out there to fall for it to make it profitable. Ugh.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, April 08, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

That poor little tree. The weeping willow in Mircea's yard is now, well, weeping, because it broke from the weight of the snow. It was such a nice tree but it just got added to the "chopping block".

Thanks for all your help with the ringers!!

 
At 2:39 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to love a man who would risk an icing to save his tree! Wear a hood?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home