Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cars are Stalking Me

Check out what came in the mail the other day- this is the kind of things companies send you when you rent a lot of cars and they way overestimate your importance. In any case, tell me this isn't creepy:
I'll sure remember you nowSomehow, the knowledge that thinking about me "revs their engines" makes me feel a little dirty. But you know, the fun didn't stop there! The individual cars sent me snapshots with some little personal notes that may or may not have been swiped from a desperate girl's Match.com profile. Not that I would know.

Uh huh. The Milan has little personality in it's photo- just like in real life.

Okay... Traditionalist (def): A car marketed toward senior citizens.

Yikes Who decided that the Taurus should write like a kindergartner/axe murderer? Although, oddly enough I always figured that's what the Focus's handwriting would look like.


Well, thenThe Fusion definitely gets the award for being the most aggressive of the bunch.

I fail to see how this was supposed to entice me to rent cars- mostly, it was a waste of paper. But I wanted to take it one step further and do a little handwriting analysis on our specimens here. I found one usable (free) website, and to test it out, this is what it said about me:

You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.
You are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.
You are affectionate, passionate, expressive, and future-oriented.
You are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!
You enjoy life in your own way and do not depend on the opinions of others.

So, take it's conclusions with a grain of salt. It's probably not worth using the site to analyze our Budget friends. But, this is what my signature looks like when I try to write with the mouse:

I don't usually make gigantor C's

Anyway, that's probably the most unsettling personification of cars to ever call me by name. The only thing that would be creepier is if the next Marriott mailer is a snapshot of a Residence Inn that says "I miss having you insi..." You know what? I'll just leave that up to your imagination.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, April 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. That was creepy. Much like the way little girls doing a sexy hula in the mall in coconut bras is or child beauty pageants are... Things that are NOT sexy acting/personified in a sexy manner.

Also, just so you know,
Lexington Park ... 48 and fair
Indianapolis... 45 and cloudy
Lahaina, Maui... 78 and sunny

Only 2 days left in paradise.

 
At 2:32 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who came up with that campaign?! Maybe they saw that (Disney?) movie about the cars?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home