Monday, July 09, 2007

Word Verification

I'm about to head out the door, but here's a quick Blogger note. You know how you have to do that word verification thing to leave a comment? Check out the one I got the other day:
There seem to be too many dotsSeriously? I have now idea what that's supposed to be. Obviously I didn't get it right (I deleted the question mark) so the world may never know.

I'm actually heading out toward Dulles early (my flight is at 9:47 pm), because we discovered long ago that you're much better off going to Tysons Corner before rush hour, killing some time at the mall, then heading to the airport rather than fighting traffic. I think Shelley and I are going to see Ratatouille, because I didn't get to see it last week like I planned.

Speaking of which, I did get to see Transformers and Live Free or Die Hard. Transformers was worth seeing, especially if you're a fan like me. I was surprised by how childish some of the humor was, and yet there was also violence and profanity. It was kind of like they couldn't decide who the intended audience was. I was disappointed, but it was still a nice spectacle and I recommend checking it out. Die Hard, on the other hand, exceeded my expectations in every way. I thought it was going to be one of those cop-out, just to make money sequels, but it was a really fun movie. They went all out, and it's quite possibly the best one of the series. They even have a nice scene involving the JSF (sorry, I mean the "Lightning II"). It's not quite right, and they could've talked to me for like 2 minutes and fixed about 5 glaring errors, but what are you gonna do? Only a real dork like me would notice. But if they're going to spend millions of dollars on a scene, why don't they start with a simple internet search to check the facts? This is another reason I should be a consultant in Hollywood- the first being to screen out horrible dialog.

Allright, I better run. If anyone's wondering what the weather in Wolverhampton is going to be the next few days, it looks a little like this: rain, cloudy, light rain, rain. In other words, just like always. I'll update you next weekend!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, July 10, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

That is so clearly airvmjqy. Sometimes I can't figure them out either and I press the handicapped icon figuring "Well, this may give me an edge on it," but it usually doesn't.

Can't wait to see Die Hard. I think Mircea and I will go this weekend.

 
At 10:45 AM, July 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

axrvmjqy But I clearly have the advantage of years of deciferring your and before you your dad's handwriting.
I went with you and Jim to see Die Hard 4 just to be sociable but came away with new appreciation. Mr Willis seems to have deepened as a result of the 6th Sence experience? Good flick.

 
At 8:25 PM, July 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps Definately airvmjqy! Missed the 2 dots }:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home