Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Vermont Part #2

I forgot the other thing I wanted to mention about this trip. Budget was all out of economy cars, so I got a nice brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Now, we all know how I feel about SUVs, but at least it had satellite radio- and I'd never really listened to Sirius before (I'm an XM subscriber). But the weirdest part was the key/remote, which I have shoddily photographed with my phone: It's a blurry mystery! Sorry the picture stinks! It couldn't focus that close, and any further away you wouldn't be able to see the buttons. What I want to know is: what does the lower right button do? It's a circular arrow with "x2" in the middle. The "x2" means you have to press it twice, like you have to do to pop the back window open. The first day I didn't have the courage to press it (because what's it going to do, blow up? Deflate the tires? Steal my lunch money?). So I finally hit it, and...nothing. Nothing happened. I'm only so puzzled because I have no idea what that symbol means. Any ideas?

In totally unrelated news, check this out. I highly doubt it all worked in one take, but it's impressive none the less.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, May 10, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

It is like that commerical...you're making the next door neighbor's garage door go up and down on her car. :-)

 
At 4:18 PM, May 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is about 10% weary mommy memory and 90% WAG but I think the x2 button if for the back door. If you press it twice it should open the back window. I'm not sure what happens if you press it once - maybe the back door unlocks or opens or maybe imminent demise?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home