Saturday, May 05, 2007

Another Reason to Hate Wal-Mart

I dislike Wal-Mart in general, but our local store is particularly bad. I try to avoid it at all costs, but unfortunately that's where my prescriptions are so I occasionally get sucked in. So you know what day Wal-Mart is the worst? Saturday! Throw in the fact that it's nasty and rainy outside and you get a regular perfect storm of suck.

So anyway, I head for the pharmacy, and I'm about 5th in line. But, all the doors are closed, and there's a sign that says "Pharmacy will be closed from 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm for lunch." I check my watch, and it's 2:08. No problem, right? I can wait this out. Luckily, the Wal-Mart TV network was blaring right above me so at least I had the same 3 or 4 commercials over and over to keep me entertained. They even had kids cooking tips (use different cutting boards for meat and vegetables) and a trivia question (They didn't have plates or silverware in medieval times- what did they eat off of?). So I wait and wait- 2:15 goes by, 2:20 goes by. I would have bailed and come back later except that I'm leaving town this week, and like I said it was nasty out, and Wal-Mart's under construction and the first things to go were all of the close parking spots so I already had to walk quite a ways through the rain. So I just stood there, letting the silent rage grow.

Somewhere in the 2:30 area someone finally appeared to get me my Zyrtec. I paid, walked out, and then I realized that I just stood there for almost half an hour, and I still don't know what people ate off of in medieval times. Seriously! The trivia question was one of the first things, and I was watching the TV the whole time. Come on Wal-Mart! You show the question, wait a few commercials, then show the answer. Haven't they ever been to a movie? This is another reason to hate Wal-Mart. In case, you know, that whole "destroying the economy" and "not promoting women" thing isn't enough.

And on top of that, Sparty beat the Boilermaker Special. This is not my day! At least Notre Dame lost. I will now back Sparty for the rest of the contest (even if the Black Knight is straight out of Monty Python).

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, May 05, 2007, Blogger Kate said...

I hate that Wal-mart so much. Why haven't you switched your prescriptions yet? You've said you'd do it for years and it is NOT worth the stress over there. (Though at the new house I go to a pharmacy with a 100 year old deaf woman so that everyone in the store knows your phone number)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home