Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Required Reading

I'm pretty sick of this whole Don Imus / Rutgers incident, so far be it from me to give it any more attention. Of course what he said was wrong and he deserved to be fired, but I'm sort of in the "the more attention we give it the worse it gets" camp. However, I'm not too eloquent with this kind of thing, so I was thrilled to come across this column, which basically sums up how I feel about the whole deal.

Imus isn’t the real bad guy
By JASON WHITLOCK


I always enjoyed Jason Whitlock's writing when he was with ESPN, and I thought this column was very well written. I also like PTI's own Mike Wilbon's column on the topic. Now it can go away.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, April 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all too concerned today about being politically correct and preserving everyone's privacy that tragedies like VA Tech can happen because counselors cannot alert the administration about a student with violent leanings. Our media needs to do a better job of alerting us to what is happening and not just creating crises to sell papers. Let it go. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home