Friday, March 14, 2008

Can I see some ID?

We can all thank my friend Shelley for this gem, which caused our group to cease all productive work for about 20 minutes yesterday. This site, the National Badge Company, is a legitimate business that makes badges for all sorts of different groups, agencies, service organizations, what have you. But here's the thing- you can preview any badge you want before ordering it! This has endless potential, and has proved to be a steady amusement for two days now.

First I made one that said Navair, and our division code, and then "Engineering Ninja." Then Chris stepped it up with this masterpiece:Which lead me to create the one up top, and generally started the whole trend, including Shelley's best work:We all thought Shelley was purporting that she could hurl airplanes, but she clarified that she meant that she hurls while on airplanes. And does she ever.

Now, the disturbing thing is that we could order any of these badges if we were willing to cough up 90 bucks. Makes you think twice about the badge as a definite sign of authority...

So go ahead and try your own. I'll warn you, it's a little addictive!

By the way, happy Pi day!

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, March 14, 2008, Blogger Andy said...

Deep Fried.
Crunchy.

I can see that my tax dollars are hard at work over at Navair.

Let me know when you've gotten through the manifesto that is my response to your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home