Monday, August 06, 2007

Who Do They Think They're Fooling?

Geeze Mom, at least put your feet up.Take a look at this Travelocity ad. When I saw it, my first thought was "Wow, how did they get everyone to go down the slide at the same speed so they could snap the picture with everyone right at the bottom?" You know, they're all different sizes and weights. Now, Galileo taught us that weight doesn't affect how fast things fall, but the friction because of their size would wreak havoc on their synchronicity.

But then, I looked a little closer. They aren't actually moving! They're all just sitting there at the bottom of the slide pretending that they're sliding down! You can tell (it's easier if you click on it) because the water dripping off their heels is going straight down. Doesn't the whole thing just seem extremely lame now?

When I saw this I was at work (sharpening the saw) and I called over Shelley and we had this exchange.

Marc: Shelley! Look! These people aren't sliding! They're just pretending to slide!
Shelley: Well...yeah.

Shelley's complete lack of outrage at Travelocity's trickery and appreciation for my discovery makes me think this might be another one of those things that only bothers me. All I know is that in the future I'm going to keep a better eye out for fakers and not be distracted by their reasonably priced Orlando hotels.

2 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, August 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you have to give credit to the "dad", who is really selling it. The others, not so much.

 
At 11:04 PM, August 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Marc lighten up! Ice cream in ad photos is really mashed potatoes as it does not melt under the lights and there are clear marbles under the cereal in bowls of milk so you can actually see the product. It's advertising.
Now if this had been in someone's family photo album I could see the outrage (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home