Saturday, July 28, 2007

Random Searches

I'm back in Maryland for the weekend. It looks like all the scheduled trips are going to happen as planned, which means New Orleans next week and LA the week after that. All went well in Texas this week, after the torrential downpour we had to drive through to get to the hotel. This keeps with the theme of horrible weather when I'm in Texas.

My reason for posting today is that I think I finally saw confirmation that the TSA searches are indeed random. I used to always say "how random can they be if it's always me?" because seriously- I used to get the extra search all the time. But on my way out of DFW, I saw them searching a woman who was wearing a tank top, those black spandex bike-short looking pants, and flip flops. What did they think she had on her? If she was trying to smuggle something onto the plane, they weren't going to find it with a standard pat-down. I guess it's good that they follow the rules, but it certainly didn't help them in the much-needed common sense department.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home