Monday, January 23, 2006

One Small Step for Marc-Kind

The main thing I did this weekend was install a storm door, and I have a message for the good people at the Larson Door Company: Try to write better instructions! The door itself is great, but it doesn't look like they proof-read the directions at all. My least favorite part is that it has you take several measurements in step one, then several steps later says : "Cut bar according to measurements taken in step 1." Well, we took several measurements, and there's only one cut to be made. I mean, I'm an engineer and all so I can figure it out, but come on. And throw in a few more pictures! It's not actually done yet, but today's a travel day, so maybe I can finish it up before I head to Chicago.

The main reason I write today is to brag a little, I guess. Saturday I ran 6 miles in 54 minutes without ever stopping to walk. This is a new personal best for me, and afterwards I felt really, really worn out. I'm finding that distance running is as much mental as anything else- on 4 mile run days, I'm wiped out after 4 miles. I guess if you go into it shooting for 6 miles, you kind of accept it. But I'll tell you that I think I'm going to do this marathon relay with Kate, then maybe one real 26.2 mile marathon, then I'm done. It's not that I don't like doing it, the training just takes so much time. I'd like to settle into a routine of like 3 miles a day, then a 10k on Saturdays. I could deal with that. Also, distance running has taught me why runners put band aids on their nipples.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

I'm with you kid...no more long runs after we complete a full marathon. I'm voting for the Marine Corps in October so we can get it over with and just enjoy ourselves on runs. I've been so stressed out if I can't run my runs perfectly (which I never can)
You're doing great, and you make me proud!

I love you sweetie and no one wants to hear about your nipples!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home