Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Chronic(What?)les of Narnia

I know, welcome to last week. But, in case anyone out there hasn't seen this yet, check out the "Lazy Sunday" music video from Saturday Night Live. I figure if I'm going to reference it in the new header I should make provisions for people to watch it if they want. I didn't see it first run, but all of my SNL watching friends were talking about it on Monday. I haven't watched SNL regularly since college for a couple reasons: First, it's on way to late (actually, the people I know who do watch it tape it for later), and second, it's just not that funny anymore. SNL has always been cyclical- it gets really funny, then all the good people leave, then it sucks for a while, it gradually gets better, and repeat. I think we're in year 2 of the current funk.

That said, this little rap video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. What I find the most amusing is that more effort, thought and wit went into it than 90% of the schlock you can see on 106 & Park. Seriously- rappers everywhere should take notes.

So, whether or not I start watching Saturday Night Live again has yet to be seen, but this is a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home