Thursday, January 12, 2006

Colts Confetti

This didn't occur to me as something I should post until I talked about it yesterday to the great amusement by my co-workers.

When the Colts scored their first touchdown on New Year's day, several little confetti cannons went off all around the dome. First, it scared the crap out of me because up in our nosebleed seats we were only like 20 feet away from them and they're actually kind of loud. Second, now I know what that noise is. I've seen several different teams play at several different venues, and when the home team scores a touchdown there's this quick boom-boom, boom-boom, boom-boom sound. It's even in my Madden video game, but I had no idea what it was. But now I know.

Anyway, after they go off there's all kinds of smoke and confetti in the air, so of course I'm trying to catch a piece of it (it's strips of blue and white paper that are about 1" wide by 3" long) because Kate loves to make scrapbooks and shadow boxes and stuff. The air currents inside the RCA Dome are weird, so the confetti just kept floating around right outside my reach, mocking me in my futile attempts. I wasn't going to jump or anything, because I swear those bleachers are at like a 45-degree angle, and it was a long way down. You can kind of see it in our engagement photo. So I kind of give up, and like magic, a piece wafts down in front of my face. I instantly grab it and victoriously thrust it in the air like Kunta Kinte with his newborn son, yelling "Yes! See Kate? EAT THAT!" She gives me her tried and true "You're the biggest loser I've ever known" look and points to the people behind us, who are laughing uncontrollably. Being laughed at in public isn't all that new for me, so she explains further: Apparently the dude behind me was watching me try in vain to snag some confetti, grabbed a piece out of the air, then sneakily dropped it in front of my face.

I said something about damn Kate for ruining my moment, but oh well, life goes on. I still have the tainted piece of confetti at home, where it will probably join our tickets in a shadowbox of lies.

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

That is so untrue! I actually said to him "wow, honey that is great" and the people behind us were laughing so hard and Marc didn't understand so I admitted the truth. I'm glad he remembered it as me being a jerk.

 
At 7:29 AM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Marc said...

I never said that you were being a jerk! Only that you indicated I was a loser, and you know you can't refute that :-). The important thing here is that entire story is a joke anyway, ie I wasn't really all that upset by it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home