Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yeah Edy's, Like We Wouldn't Notice

Can you spot the difference?
What you see here are two tubs of delicious Edy's frozen treat. I guess they don't call it ice cream or even frozen yogurt anymore- probably due to some high amount of chemicals. But it if it lowers the fat, then I'm cool with it. In any case: The tub on the right was purchased a few months ago and has been sitting out in my garage freezer- contents, 1.75 Qts. I bought the one on the left last week- amount, 1.5 Qts. I think they hope we won't notice because the price is still the same.

Really Edy's? That's 1/7 less than we used to get for the same amount of money. I see this as a significant cut. This probably won't stop me from buying them when they go on sale for 2 for $5, but it will provoke me enough to do a blog post.

Unrelated- In other news, you may remember this gem about a dude with a gas can in DC asking us for money. Wouldn't you know it, the other night the exact same guy carrying the same gas can asked Ramya for gas money in the same spot. He's really doing it wrong. At least I don't have that nagging doubt that he was honest anymore!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, May 22, 2008, Blogger Ramya said...

addendum: it was actually not at exactly the same place, but two blocks away in another equally residential area. The last time he asked, he was pretty coherent, and walked properly (albeit with a hip hop swagger). Marc immediately said "NO" as I looked at him with sympathy and frowned a little. This time, he was drunk, semi-incoherent, and walked with a limp. His act is slipping...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home