Monday, March 27, 2006

I Knew It!

I travel a lot, and I like to use the clock radio to wake up. I find music a lot less jarring in the morning than the buzzer. So, whenever I get ready to go to bed I like to find a decent station, and this is important, set the volume to a reasonable level. I can confidently say that 99% percent of the time, the radio is set to a Spanish-language station at a deafening volume, which is not how I prefer to start my day.

So the first morning goes off fine, but here's the kicker: on day 2, I'm awakened by a deafening blast of mariachi music! I've always suspected that the maids change the station during the day, but had no real proof. This happens all the time.

So on this particular trip (I'm in Chicago right now) the meetings start later than usual, so my whole routine is backed up a few hours. As I'm coming back to my room from breakfast, I pass a maid who enters another room to service it, and I hear the radio come on, tune to the Spanish station, then she cranks it up to hear it over the vacuum! I knew it! Of course, she isn't going to bother changing it back and some other traveler is going to have a nasty surprise tomorrow. Caught in the act! This isn't really a big deal, it just gets a little old when you travel as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home