Tuesday, October 11, 2005

80% Positive

What is 80% positive? It's my goal for this blog. I'm going to try to post mostly positive messages- things I like, what I'm up to, things that make me laugh, interesting links, etc.

Have you ever clicked the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page? I've tried it a few times when I'm bored, with very mixed results. First we have to overlook that most of them are very boring. There's a pretty big quotient of high-schoolers on here who make daily posts about which friends are being mean and what boys smiled at them, and so on. I'm not saying anyone's flocking to this blog, but I'm only going to post when I have something to say or show, not because it's part of my routine. What I say may very well be completely irrelevant, but I promise it won't be that kind of drivel.

But moreover, most of the blogs I've looked at are very negative. They're filled with posts like "Oh, I'm really depressed today" and "work was worse than usual" and "It's such a gloomy day." I realize many people use this as a way to vent or commiserate, but I don't understand using it as a diary of discontent. If someone hits "next blog" and they land here, I want them to be mildly amused. Besides, I'm not trying to get my own show on Comedy Central. I'm pretty bad about calling friends and family, so I want this to be sort of a message board for people who already care what I'm up to.

So why 80%? Well, because I've made about 5 posts so far, and I'm a rabid Purdue football fan, and I feel a very non-positive post coming on. If I can post 4 positive thoughts for every complaint, I'll be way ahead of the curve.

Now I'm off my soapbox. Thanks for stopping by. But more importantly, stay classy. And if you didn't get that reference, go rent Anchorman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home