Friday, September 28, 2007

Freaking Wal-Mart!

I'm working on a couple of posts right now, because a lot has happened recently- I had a trip to England, Ramya took me karaokeing for her birthday, I went to San Diego, etc. But, since I've now been on the road for three weeks straight free time has been hard to come by. I intend to get caught up this weekend.

But do you know what's on my mind right now? The fact that I don't understand how I can take all my allergy medication, look at the bottle, see that it says "1 refill remaining," call the Wal-Mart pharmacy, punch in my phone number and prescription number, have the automated lady tell me everything is fine and my prescription will be ready at 6:00, drive across town, fight my way through the sea of Nascar t-shirts and poofy bangs that is Wal-Mart clientele, wait in line at the pharmacy counter, ask for my prescription, and then be told that I have no refills left. Sorry! Call your doctor and have them re-submit it. Why did the bottle say one refill left? Why didn't your fancy schmancy automated line tell me it was out?

Well that's fine, Wal-Mart. You know why? Because I had already decided that when this prescription ran out I was never coming to you again. You've hastened your own demise. You might fool shoppers the world over, but I'm on to you. I will call my doctor, but that prescription is going to Target! I will gladly suffer a stuffy nose for a few days to not give you another penny.

Oh yeah- Dad, I need more Zyrtec.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, September 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are too busy looking for union activity and cheating their employees out of health insurance to revamp their automated system. How do you expect them to destroy mom and pops if they are making your life more efficient? sheesh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home