Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ride with Pride!

Guess what finally showed up...
Of course, it makes the frame a little redundant
Oh yeah. Stylin'. I've been contemplating what to get for a personalized license plate for quite some time, and I pretty much settled on something Purdue-themed (surprise, surprise). The problem is that the abbreviation for Purdue University is "PU." So if you get something like "GO PU" it sounds like potty talk. I was also in the All-American Marching Band (AAMB), so I thought I could work that in, but "PUAAMB" probably wouldn't be good. Neither would Purdue Mechanical Engineer (PU ME).

Now, you know that I like references that you have to already know to get. Therefore, my number one choice came from my band heritage. In the AAMB, our most played song by far is "Hail Purdue," our school song. If we're going to play the intro and chorus, the drum majors call out "Hail, IC," to play the verse and play the chorus is "Hail PP," etc. The most common rendition by far was to play the verse, sing the chorus, then play the chorus, for which they call out "Hail, PSP." Therefore, "HAILPSP" would have been an awesome plate, that only Purdue band alumni (a very select group of dorks) would get. But of course, Sony had to introduce the PSP. So, unless you want people to think you worship an expensive, glitchy handheld gaming device, that idea was dead. It's really too bad though!

I was amazed that "BOILERS" was available, so in the end I couldn't pass that up. I just hope no one thinks I work for a company that makes actual boilers. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, September 30, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

GO Boilers! PU for the lot of us!

 
At 11:23 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the plate, Marc! Wonder if Spartans is available in IN?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home