Thursday, September 14, 2006

More St. Mary's Today

That paper just gets better and better. Even without the grammatical and spelling errors, it still reads like it was written by a fifth grader. Kate's comment got me to look at the letters to the editor, and let me tell you, it just oozes with professionalism. Have you ever seen a paper that prints "Editor's Note: You are so completely wrong it is incredible to think that anyone can be so stupid." Touche!

Or how about a caption that reads "...one of those involved is administered medical care in the parking lot after one of the opposing gangs scored a hit." "Scored a hit?" That's how we refer to someone being shot?

Additionally, our clever editor refers to Great Mill's Road as "the Highway," so that gives you some perspective.

Totally unrelated: There's a cricket in my laundry room, and I don't know how it got there. He's driving me nuts, but everytime I open the door he clams up and I can't find him. His days are numbered.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

Andrew, Robyn, Murthlyn and I were all reading the St. Mary's Today that had been left on the Warner's porch after Ernesto. We seriously took turns narrating the beauty of this ridiculous paper. There is something called "the county something" and its this guy that rants and raves about general things that seem to occur to him (almost a blog, but people might actually read him.) I'm starting to wonder if I should pay money for this rag...just for the comedic value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home