Wednesday, August 16, 2006

3 Flights in 3 Days

So I'm back in the LP a day early. To recap, Monday I flew from DC to Chicago, Tuesday I had a day of meetings then flew from Chi-town to New York (in to LaGuardia, or as I just now decided to call it "LaGuardisaster"), then today I had a half-day meeting in New York, which got out early enough to catch a flight back to DC. I do a lot of traveling, but that was kind of a first. I mentioned earlier that no one in DC ever checked me for gels, liquids, or the newly added "lotions," and the same held true for Chicago O'Hare. Oddly enough, that was also the fastest I've ever made it through their security as well. I think it's because not as many people are traveling. Anyway, I breezed through the shuttle terminal security at LaGuardisaster, only to be stopped by a security detachment right at the gate. They gave my bag a very thorough searching, but the only thing that interested them was my DS Lite. I hoped it was because they were impressed with my sweet Japanese import case, but it was probably more because of the 27 year old man with a Gameboy. I didn't feel too violated because all my toiletries were in my checked baggage. All in all, it was way less embarrassing than the time in DC that they splayed the contents of my backpack all over a table for all passerbys to study. In the first version of this blog I listed some of the humorous items, but then I remembered that people read this. Let's just say they were embarassing.

Interesting side note: On my way back through Washington National I saw an Army guy in his uniform getting the full luggage splayed, pat-down security treatment. My first reaction was that it seemed ridiculous, but then I realized that impersonating a member of the military would be a brilliant terrorist method. I have to think he was selected at random by a computer, because what TSA person would have the guts to make that call?

In other news, I have recently discovered the band Bloodhound Gang. Of course I know they've been around forever, and I listened to them briefly when The Bad Touch was all over the radio (Mope is still their finest work). Kate recently introduced me to the songs Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss and You're Pretty when I'm Drunk, both of which feature witty double entendres that belie the shallow frat-boy subject matter. So, Bloodhound Gang, welcome to the hall of music that Marc discovered 5 years after everyone else. Nine Inch Nails and Beck welcome you. You can go to their site for a charming history of the band. Notice that they have toured with A-Teens. Hmm...on the A-Teens website it says that they have a greatest hits CD coming out for Christmas- this may seem like a perfect present for me, but rest assured, I already have all of their other albums.

In a final note, former Indiana Pacer Ron Artest gives terrible advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home