Thursday, July 27, 2006

Frogs!

Sticky Little BuggerA few nights ago (well, last Saturday- I've been busy) I came home from helping the Woodburys with their deck. After I shut the garage door and got out of the car, I saw something jumping around in the garage. I get closer, and it's a little frog! So I spend a couple minutes chasing him around, and finally catch him. After I walk through the whole house and get out to the driveway, I open up my hands to let him out. Nothing. I get right down to the ground and tilt my hand a little. Nada. Pretty soon we're at the full-on hand upside down, vigorous shaking and the little guy is not going anywhere. Perplexed, I actually took out my phone to photograph him. The first one didn't come out, so I had to turn on the flash to take this picture that you see. Afterward I had to kneel down and like scrape him off with my other hand, at which point he hopped away.

Then, a few nights later I was out in the garage getting a Fruit2O. Yes, I still keep them in the garage. This works fine in the winter, but these days they end up tasting like some sort of hot fruit tea but I still haven't learned to stock the fridge. Anyway, I'm out there in my boxers and I hear this repeated "Thunk...thunk...thunk" sound against the garage door. All I can figure is that maybe it's some evil neighborhood kids throwing rocks at my door, so I run upstairs, get fully dressed (lesson learned - thanks Daniel), and go out to the driveway. What do I see? A big frog, repeatedly leaping at the garage door. I watched him take 3 or 4 headers right into the aluminum before I chased him off into the bushes.

The question is this: What is in my garage that frogs want so desperately? Sure there are some bugs in there, but I can't believe that it's more appealing that the insect kingdom in my yard. Maybe they just want hot Fruit2O.

Anyway, both Daniel and Tim (Tina's boyfriend) are coming into town this weekend. Friday Daniel and I are just going to kick it here in the LP- maybe I'll take him on base again since now he should be able to appreciate what he's seeing in the hangers (Seeing as how he now works for Sikorsky). Saturday we'll meet Tim in DC and do a good old monument tour. I'll either take some pictures or just use some that Tim takes- that's kind of his thing. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home