Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All I did was take a trip!

Holy Crap! I stumbled upon this gem while writing the follow-up about our weekend in DC, and I decided that it just can't wait.

Try not to step on the red stakesI wanted to reference People to People, and while clicking around the website, I found this! Do you see what the kid in the picture is doing? He is freaking MEMBER OF PTPI DEMINING TEAM WORKING TO ERADICATE LANDMINES IN SRI LANKA! You can see him poking around in mine-ridden dirt with a flak-jacket and face shield on! Is that what the organization is doing now? Oh my Lord! I don't think I (or Carly) had any idea what we were signing up for! What we did was just a trip around Europe. Maybe this kid saw the brochure and asked "This looks good and all, but do you have anything that's a little more, I don't know, edgy?" I guess we really dodged a bullet there. Or a landmine.

Note: I guess the picture on that page changes every time you access it, so I went ahead and posted the picture here. Yikes.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, August 02, 2006, Blogger Kate said...

People to people, dismantling bombs, breaking hearts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home