Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Knew It!

and so little timeInauguration Day was special for a number of reasons, but one that I pointed out was that it had to be the most porta-potties ever assembled in one place. Seriously- they were everywhere. They stretched on into the horizon. But now we have confirmation from an authority.

This article states that:

Among other things, the inauguration of President Barack Obama was "the largest temporary toilet event in the history of the United States," an official of Don's Johns, the firm that provided most of them, said Wednesday.

However, I take issue with the way they said that most of them were unused, some with untouched rolls of toilet paper- because I sure never found any of them. And if the unit was unused, it had to be because it was physically impossible to fight your way through the crowd.

Anyway, I'm glad to know that years from now I can tell my grandkids that I was there...at the largest temporary toilet event in history.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, January 28, 2009, Blogger Ramya said...

that article was a whole lot of bologne! During the inauguration, there were lines at every group of Don's Johns that we passed. They were probably talking about the Don's Johns up by the stage, next to the people with access to the capitol building (Like Jay-Z and Beyonce!). Back in our section (the peon section), the Don's Johns were getting PLENTY of use!

But hey! Another reason why Obama's inauguration was such a big thing :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home