Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Terrifying Costume

BOO! Stay in school, kids!
This is what I wore into the office on the day I learned that people here don't dress up for Halloween. It is, in fact, my own personal vintage 1994 McDonald's uniform. The hat has it's own vintage 1994 grease stains. In any case, I'm glad I played it safe with this over the all-out Batman costume I bought for $5 after Halloween last year.

Even though no ones else in my department dressed up, I think people generally got a kick out of it. I did get several "Can I get fries with that?" type comments. There was a small fire somewhere in the building today (Jack-O-Lantern, perhaps?) so we had a fire drill. I got a lot of comments and looks in the parking lot, some from people thinking it was a funny thing to wear, some wondering what the hell a McDonald's employee was doing in the building.

Ironically, I did make a hamburger for myself last night. My main takeaways from my 2 years with Ronald were the ability to make an awesome soft-serve cone, and a firm grasp of the importance of higher education.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, December 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Marc was at Purdue he asked me to send him his old MicheyD's hat. I worried that he was job seeking. No worries! When next I visited his apt the hat was tacked up right next to his exit door. He said the classes were getting harder and he took seeing that hat each day to remind him that if he did not apply himself it could be "burger-of-the-month" for life!
Forever proud!

Marc's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home